Park Hyatt Siem Reap
A Taste of Buddhism - Bicycle Tour
Peddle your way through the back roads, open fields and serene forests of Siem Reap, soaking up local culture, learning about sacred traditions, and sampling local delicacies.
What more magical way to discover the traditions, culture, and religion of Siem Reap than a guided bicycle tour through the heart of the region?
Your journey will take you riding through the fields. Down red soil roads. And along a trail into the serene forest to a little-known area far from the tourist trail.
Once there, you’ll travel to an authentic local market where your guide will arrange a tasting of the delicious local snacks such as deep-fried banana, sweet glutinous coconut rice balls, or classic noodle soup, paired with fresh sugar cane juice.
Continuing the ride, you’ll visit beautiful and iconic pagodas. Locally known as the most sacred of places, these pagodas are shrines to Buddha and spaces of Buddhist worship.
This tour goes well beyond merely sight-seeing as your guide shares with you the history and beliefs that formed the Buddhist religion, and what makes the pagodas central to each region or village. You will also be blessed by Theravada Monks in a private ceremony.
On the way back, you will continue to be immersed in the beautiful local lifestyle including ox carts, rice fields and local wooden houses to complete a memorable and enchanting morning.
- Bicycle tour through the back roads, open fields, and serene forests of Siem Reap
- Along they way, you will learn about the culture, sacred traditions, and sample local delicacies
- You will visit a local market, learn about the pagodas, and immerse in local culture.
- This tour goes well beyond merely sight-seeing as your guide shares with you the history and beliefs that formed the Buddhist religion
- This tour is led by an experienced tour guide, who is knowledgeable of the countryside, local activities and food, as well as the culture and religion
- Dress Code: cover shoulder and knee
- If a member fails to cancel an experience at least 24 hours in advance or does not attend the experience, member will forfeit points redeemed
- Not available September 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018
- Experience must be purchased at least 24 hours in advance. Experience is offered in connection with Park Hyatt Siem Reap and fulfilled by a third party. Experience is valid daily from 08:00 to 12:00. Not available September 1, 2018 through October 31, 2018. Point requirement shown is per person and includes service charge and VAT. Experience includes a guided bike tour through Siem Reap, a tasting of local snacks, tour of iconic pagodas, and a private blessing by Theravada Monks. Experiences are subject to availability, must be purchased in advance through worldofhyatt.com/find and members must redeem points for the experience (experience is not available for monetary purchase). If a member fails to cancel an experience at least 24 hours in advance or does not attend the experience, member will forfeit points redeemed. A limited number of purchases for this experience may be available. To purchase this experience you must create or login to your FIND profile and then login to your World of Hyatt account.
- FIND is a stand-alone platform. Except as expressly stated in these terms or the terms and conditions of the FIND platform, all other benefits, promotions, or special offers (such as World of Hyatt promotions) are not valid in connection with FIND purchases (using money or points). If any aspect of this experience is unavailable, the hotel may, in its sole discretion, provide a substitute for that aspect or reschedule or cancel the experience. This experience may be subject to minimum and maximum numbers of attendees stated on the website. If the minimum number is not met, the experience may be rebooked or cancelled and all payment returned. Experience may not be combined with other promotional offers. When a Member purchases experience, the corresponding number of World of Hyatt points will be automatically deducted from Member’s account within approximately three (3) days. No credit will be issued and no points will be returned for any portion of experience that is not fully used. Experience may be subject to certain requirements or conditions (e.g., attire, behavior/conduct) and your participation is subject to those requirements and conditions. You may be required to sign a release as a condition of participating in this experience. Experience may not be resold or transferred for value without Hyatt’s prior written consent. Hyatt is not responsible for experiences provided by third parties and is not responsible for any personal injury, damage or harm resulting from your purchase, use of, or participation in this experience.
- This experience is subject to the terms and conditions of FIND platform and the World of Hyatt program. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this experience at any time without notice. This experience is subject to the complete World of Hyatt program terms and conditions. Void where prohibited by law. Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation and/or its affiliates. © 2018 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.